.

"Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry." -Tom Mullen

Hello Universe!

Welcome ... henceforth, will be mostly about Our Story and hopefully more decades of stories ahead of us,
in this now-life-long journey of marriage, and yeah, maybe that includes all the bling-blings in between. =)

About 10 yrs of long (and sometimes twisted) engagement...then just got civilly married in 2009...
and we just did it again in a church, exactly a year after --- last 28th of July 2010 @ 3pm
---a dream come true vintage themed wedding!!! Hooray!!!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Oh-my-Gownnnn!!!

I had all goosebumps when my faery-buddy Dimples sent my now-wedding-dress-inspiration the other day. I sure have listed quite many links too (including from friends' suggestions and all) but this one blew me away!!!
Oh big thank you thank you to Dimps!!! So happy happy!! =)

And by the way, 'goosebumps' are pretty much my instinct saying 'this-is-so-it!!!' Teehee!


Apparently I am not a fan of ball-gown-types (or i mean big gowns), duh! I don't even know what to call those dresses/gowns. I am one of those late bloomers if I may just note and Dimples knew me too well,too that this is gonna be something I'd lurvvvv, less complications if i may specify: the vintage yet refreshing and 'dreamy' feel is there for me. But I know it'll be hard to find exactly one coz apparently it's an only one handmade by the mother's bride (My bff Yvon agrees, and wished we had a mother like hers. Hehe. You should visit the rest of that link!!!) --- and of course, I don't intend to copy-cat too all for originality's sake, hehe. Since we're going vintage, I'll most likely add some lace/beadwork to it but just less. Oh I don't know --- I hope my faery godmother leads me to it SooN because to-date, I've decided I'm not going to some dressmaker ---(i know this is gonna sound ridiculous) ---- instead I am going to hunt down every shop there is in Singapore or wherever (that includes flea markets by the way) and if need be, just get alterations by then --- so send me your lucks now! Haha
Seriously, I kinda want my dress to be eco-friendly (is that a good term for frugality,too haha) --- it's just not soo me to fit in those designer clothes. I sure drool on others that wear those really 'sophisticated' ones but when it comes to 'my wedding' --- I'd say I got my own definition,too. Tsk tsk. Oh you bet I wished my mother's wedding dress is still alive but no, it's been trashed long ago. =(

If all else fail, someone's gonna be panicking to go to the nearest dresshop. Uhmmm, and hope my wedding coordinator doesn't spank me for this! *winks to Tisha* LOL!

Say, let's pause for a while and stare together on this ---
Otherwise, just let me be. =)


3 comments:

  1. prettiness chuvaness!

    reminders: until March ra ang hunting in Singapore :p

    Tish: andam na! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo lovely! and fyns, mas nindot if ma tangtang2x ang kanang murag cardigan nia para malahi napud imo look sa reception. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and you have got to have that necklace. im still diving at etsy. wa pa ko kakita.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails